Your privacy is important to us. This Online Privacy Statement is intended to provide information about how we treat information that you provide to us through the Share Advantage Credit Union (SACU) we site (“Site”). Any use of the Site constitutes your consent to this statement.
Browsing – As you visit our Site, our web server does not recognize information regarding your e-mail address but does recognize what browser you are using. We currently collect aggregate information about the use of our Site that does not personally identify you. We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time.
E-mail – Various parts of our Site allow you to submit information to us via e-mail. By doing so you are actively participating and giving the credit union permission to access the information. We collect the e-mail addresses of those who send us e-mail and the information provided in the e-mail.
Use of Information – If we deal with information that is subject to laws requiring us to make certain disclosures or take other actions, we will make the disclosure or take the action in connection with the particular information or service, and those disclosures are additional to this Statement. In general, SACU does not sell its membership list and does not share with third parties private information that you submit which personally identifies you. There are several exceptions to this general rule, which include, but are not limited to the following:
– When SACU cooperates with a third party to allow products or services to be made available to our membership, we typically share with that third party information necessary or advisable to provide the service or product. If our sharing agreement has additional terms or conditions, we will make the required disclosures in connection with the particular product or service.
– Information submitted to obtain products or services is used by SACU and third parties as deemed necessary or advisable by SACU (or the third parties) to verify, provide, process and keep records or the requested service (including services that are incidental to the requested service) and our experience with you. We also combine that information with other information to determine your identity or eligibility.
– In order to comply with government agency or court orders SACU endeavors to notify its members of such requests unless prohibited by court order or law to do so.
– We use information in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
– SACU reserves the right to use the information to protect itself, its members or third parties and to process insurance and other claims. We also use personal information to identify you, communicate with you, and to help us respond to or deal with questions or concerns.
– SACU may send (or arrange for others to send) e-mails regarding surveys, focus-groups, promotions, and products and services offered by SACU or third parties which we believe might be of interest. If you do not want to receive those communications in the future, please contact us at 218.722.5931.
Storage of Information – Subject to applicable law, SACU will retain and use personal information, as appropriate in the the normal course of our business.
Cookies – Currently SACU does not serve “cookies” on our Site. However, SACU cooperates with third parties to allow products and services to be made available to members. Upon leaving the SACU Site and entering the site of a third party you may be served with a “cookie.” A “cookie” is a piece of data that a web site can send to your browser, which is then stored on your computer. SACU is not responsible for any viruses your computer may come in contact with or be infected by.
Nothing in this Privacy Statement affects our ability to collect, combine, use, verify, retain, and report, including sharing with our regulators, information submitted in connection with the provision of products and services. We also reserve the right to do the same with information obtained from public sources or third parties, and other information that does not personally identify you, without reference to this Online Privacy Statement.